MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR
We are looking for a Mortgage Loan Processor to join our growing team. First Centennial Mortgage Corporation (FCM) is a family owned mortgage banker helping families and individuals realize the American Dream of homeownership. We assist our customers with products that represent every aspect of the homeowner’s financing needs including Government, Conventional, FHA and Jumbo financing. The cornerstone of our company is the team we have built. We have been successful at attracting the best and brightest in the industry and our commitment to responsible lending ensures we offer lending options that are best for the consumer while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Reviews residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets establishment standards, including type and amount of mortgage applied for including but not limited to borrower income, assets, liabilities, and length of employment.
- Order and coordinate review of documents needed for approval, including verification of employment, credit report, bank and financial statements, tax returns, wage and income documentation, title documents, etc.
- Completes loan application and other forms within the Loan Operating System (LOS) with verified data.
- Act as point of contact between mortgage loan originators, underwriters, third parties, and borrowers.
- Review title work for existing liens recorded against the subject property and vesting requirements.
- Calculate escrows, interim interest, adjust payoffs and verify final loan amount.
- Accurately run Automated Underwriting System (AUS); DU, LPA, GUS, etc. according to the desired program and documentation contained in loan file.
- Consistently update LOS in milestone comments, Document Tracking screen, and Conversation Log to ensure system is updated with the most current loan status and correct information.
- Ensure complete data gathering and accurate entry into LOS for HMDA Reporting.
- Submits mortgage loan application file for underwriting approval.
- Obtain documents to clear approval stipulations with Underwriting staff and/or other Investors.
- Manages pipeline of 35+ loan files including borrower communication, MLO communication, communication with third parties and referral sources in addition to updating loan status as loan approved, withdrawn, incomplete or denied within LOS.
- Responds to post closing reviews and audits in a timely fashion supplying overview of analysis/thought process regarding underwriting approval.
- Must have 2 years of processing experience.
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate to solve problems that may arise with staff in all departments.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, staff and third parties by utilizing a personable approach to service and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal-communication and business-relationship skills.
- Proficiency in all levels of residential mortgage loan processing, including government-backed, conventional and Jumbo lending.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines with effective time management skills required.
- Strong comprehension of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and other government insured and investor guidelines, and all regulations, laws and best practices of the industry.
- Ability to pass criminal background search and/or drug screening upon request.
- Full benefits package including 401(k), medical/dental/vision and more
- Location: Corporate – Remote
- FCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time